What is TMJ Syndrome? another term of TMJ disorder, or also called myofascial pain dysfunction. It is a general term for a number of muscle, joint, and nerve symptoms that seem to be related to disturbance or disease in the temporomandibular joint.
TMJ syndrome is a common condition, perhaps because so many of the symptoms seem to be at least partly stress-related, and modern life is notably characterized by innumerable stressors.
What is tmj? they are two joint that connnect the lower jaw (the mandible) to the skull (in left and right).
so what are the tmj syndrome? here they are:
- jaw pain
- Chronic generalized facial pain (either a sharp pain or a dull ache)
- a loud roaring in the ears
- clicking or popping sounds when the jaw is opened
- difficulty in opening and closing the jaw
- difficulty, discomfort, or pain when biting or chewing
- neck, shoulder, chest, and back pain
above are some of the TMJ syndrome